The Florida Board of Governors sets minimum eligibility criteria (listed below) for its eleven member institutions.
1. Graduation from an accredited secondary school or the successful completion of the GED.
2. Completion of 18 academic units in a college preparatory curriculum. The following distribution of the 18 units is required:
- Four units of English (three units must include a substantial writing component)
- Four units of mathematics (Algebra I or higher)
- Three units of natural science (two with laboratories)
- Three units of social sciences
- Two units of the same foreign language
- Two units of academic electives
3. For Florida High School Graduates, Florida international University honors both the new three-year 18-credit standard college preparatory program and the traditional four-year 24-credit standard program.
4. Submit official Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT I) or American College Test (ACT) scores. To have your SAT I scores sent to FIU contact the College Board at www.collegeboard.org or call (866) 756-7346. FIU’s SAT I school code number is 5206. To have ACT scores sent contact the American College Testing program at www. Act.org or call (319) 337-1313. FIU’s ACT school code is 0776.
For more information, please check the Undergraduate Admissions Office.