Industry Advisory Council
The purpose of the Moss School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability Industry Advisory Council (IAC) is to help raise the level of experience, professionalism, and understanding of the industry for students graduating from the program, through support and participation at events, lectures, and outreach committees.
The Moss School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability is committed to excellence in teaching, research and service in and for the construction industry. IAC members serve as ambassadors on behalf of the School, advocating the following objectives:
1. Advance and support the highest quality faculty, educational facilities, and undergraduate and graduate programs for the students enrolled in Construction Management.
2. Serve as a liaison between the construction industry and the School impacting the curriculum and research directions.
3. Develop and implement innovative programs which will benefit the School and the construction industry.
4. Offer advice, counsel, and financial support to the School.
The most important benefit of being a member of the Industry Advisory Council is the personal satisfaction received by helping to provide a quality construction management education to future generations of students and industry professionals. Additionally, the following exclusive opportunities are offered to all IAC members:
• Networking opportunities with other members and university leaders
• Discounted fee for annual Construction Management Career Expo
• Free admission to select lectures, events, workshops
• Opportunity to influence the School’s strategic direction
• Association with a Research One Level University and its top level Program
An advisory council is effective when each member is committed to the mission and goals of the program. The following responsibilities for IAC members have been established:
• Attendance at a minimum of one (1) IAC meeting/event per academic year.
• Promotion of the School’s programs and graduates within and outside of the university community.
• Understanding and support of the mission and goals of the School and help in the development of financial support.
• A minimum annual gift of $1,500 renewable annually. This gift enables the School to meet internal and external university obligations so that the School is recognized and represented within the university and in the community at large. Matching corporate gifts can be combined with individual gifts to qualify donors for membership. All donations should be made payable to: FIU Foundation, Inc. with a note: Moss School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability. This annual gift is tax-deductible.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the Industry Advisory Council feel free to contact:
Tel: (305) 348-3172