All registered Online MSCM students are responsible for having access to a computer that meets the minimum hardware and software requirements outlined on this page. Each instructor may define additional requirements, however Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Adobe Reader, and a file archiving software (IZArc) are needed to view most class materials. Registered FIU students can download Microsoft Office and other software for free.
Minimum Computer Requirements
Students viewing Online MSCM video lectures online will need the following:
- Windows Media Player 12 or higher installed on a Windows 7 or higher computer for videos that are in WMV format.
Note: Mac users can purchase Flip4Mac to play the WMV videos here.
- A high-speed broadband Internet connection (DSL, Cable, T1, or higher) – 5MB or faster recommended
- Blackboard Learn access (Blackboard Browser Check)
Note: Some corporate networks block access to streaming windows media player videos due to firewall restrictions set by network administrators.
Test/Configure My Setup
- Connection Speed Test
- Sample FEEDS Video Lecture
- Set Windows Media Player 11 as Default Player
- Fix Windows Media Player Settings
- Reset Windows Media Player 12 Settings